Monday, July 7, 2008

Cinespia

Now I am not one for hanging out with dead people but last night I organized a little outing to attend the Cinespia screening of Blue Velvet. What's that you might ask? Its an outdoor screening held that the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

Here's a play by play of the evening:

Friends arrive at my house and we head to the cemetery getting there minutes after the gates open.

The place is packed. We have found a hipster paradise. Although I am wearing a bandanna around my neck so I can't talk.

Max and I send Christine, Evan and Jesse to stake out a spot. Accidentally get in before they do and stake out a spot ourselves. I run to the front to get blankets.

Make the realization that my boobs have grown past the being able to not wear a bra phrase. Feel self-conscious while running.

Run into a guy I took an improv class with. He is the manager of the event. His name is Skylar spelled much crazier.

Get blankets. Put back on sweatshirt.

Get joined by other friends who had to wait in line.

Eat and drink.

Watch movie.

Get leg cramps.

Look at the five stars you can see in LA.

Fear zombie attack.

Watch movie.

Fear a Dennis Hopper attack.

Watch movie.

Fight Zombies

Pack up and leave.

Do I recommend it? YES. Would I do it every weekend? NO.

No comments: