Sunday, September 28, 2008

To the South!

Marcy (who is on the mend) and I are headed on a 20 hour bus ride to the South to hike, kayak, horseback ride, safari and more. I've discovered that I didn't pack for hiking at all. So I purchased some waterproof pants and a fleece scarf and I found my first Argentina man over six feet tall. They exist!

My Spanish comprehension is already improving. I can understand signs and can successfully ask "how much?". I just don't understand the response...

I've decided the culture here is based on a college students life. Party all night, get up at four, eat nothing but meat and potatoes. Nap. Look mildly disheveled and drink wine with cereal. I could get used to this, I think.

Alright time to turn off Urban Diana and turn on Cowboy Diana. Wish me luck with the penguins.

1 comment:

analisems said...

6 FEET TALL ARGENTINES?! I'm on my way, baby... Save me a good one!