Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sunset Junction




This weekend was Sunset Junction which is really amazing if you do it right, which I felt like I did. After busing over on my trusty 2 line (I will miss you!), I ended up waiting for a few hours while Jacob made his way from the Echo Park side. So I had some drinks and befriended the security guards who eventually let me in sans wristband. I feel like if that hadn't happened, I probably would have been waiting for hours more.

I watched CAVA, Broken Social Scene and this amazing Afrobeats Band perform and mainly just hung out at 4100. Spent way too much money on street meat and drinks. Dewars became Depars forever.

It was one of those days when I just stopped caring. At first I was concerned that I wasn't hipster enough for this fair and spent the first hour there drinking alone while waiting for friends, and then I just had a blast.

Until next year, Sunset Junction.

No comments: